Nurse2Nurse Ltd. (N2N) is owned and operated by the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation, Irelands largest professional trade union for nurses with over 30,000 members. Access to knowledge is critical to the building of disciplines and interdisciplinary work. Nowhere is the convergence between information and knowledge than in the field of healthcare. One of the long standing gaps online has been the provision of an online web based resource for Irish Nurses & Midwives.
www.nurse2nurse.ie is an online one-stop-shop of educational resources created for Irish Nurses and Midwives as a source of nursing information and content that is comprehensive, credible, convenient, and current. N2N will allow nurses/midwives to search for information using:
- Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (CINAHL)
- Fulltext Nursing/Healthcare Electronic Journals
- Joanna Briggs Evidence Based Database
- Maternity & Infant Care (formerly Midirs)
This information can be searched from your place of work; home or anywhere you have Internet access.
N2N provides nurses from all backgrounds and specialties with a forum to share ideas, access reference materials, advance their careers and education and read about the social, ethical and political topics affecting the nursing profession.
N2N delivers electronic information and resources to nurses for education, research and practice and provides access to many of the most-respected sources of nursing content available today.
N2N aims to:
- Ensure that every Irish nurse has access to available Nursing and Midwifery knowledge banks.
- Establish an online environment which promotes the exchange of views and information amongst nurses.
- Create an environment of research and information exchange
- Contribute to the continuing educational development of all nurses & midwives
- Help set, monitor and improve standards of patient care and to play a role in the development of evidence based nursing in Ireland.
- Improve standards of patient care
- Keep pace through information technology with the demand for online services
- Provide a first class one-stop information shop
- Develop over time a selection of cutting-edge tools and features to help today’s professional nurses and midwives to move forward in their studies and careers.
N2N is NOT:
- A resource for patient information and is strictly for professionals.
- A peer-reviewed website, while we do try our best to collect research based information we will not peer-review information received.
- A platform for political or industrial relations issues, it is purely an educational website.
Privacy of Registration:
Nurse2Nurse site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (such as your name and email address), unique identifiers (such as Usernames and Passwords), and demographic information (such as your address, age, education, and professional status). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about Nurse2Nurse. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Unique identifiers (such as Usernames and Passwords) are collected to verify the user's identity, for use as account numbers in our record system, and for other purposes. Demographic and profile data is collected. We use this data to better understand our users tastes and interests and to tailor the visitor's experience at our site by developing content, products and services that we think might meet their interests and preferences. N2N does not share or sell any individual's contact information, financial information, or unique identifiers to any advertiser or third party.
Nurse2Nurse is an online one-stop shop of information and educational resources created for Irish Nurses and Midwives as a source of nursing information and content that is comprehensive, credible, convenient, and current.The information provided should not be used for diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. If you have, or suspect you have a medical or health condition, then you should consult a qualified physician (e.g. your general practitioner).
Please note that we can only provide help on nurse2nurse related services. The nurse2nurse service cannot give actual medical or health advice. This service is intended to complement existing medical and health techniques and information sources. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THEM.
Nurse2Nurse provides links to Internet resources. We do not guarantee that the information found in an Internet resource found using Nurse2Nurse is always accurate and complete. This is because we have no control over these resources and their contents. Therefore neither Nurse2Nurse or any of it's contributors are responsible for any loss, damage or expense that might be caused by any action, or lack of action, that a user of this service might take as a result of reading material on a site found using Nurse2Nurse. Responsibility for such actions, or lack of actions, remains with the reader concerned.
Likewise, whilst Nurse2Nurse endeavours to provide accurate information on all the Nurse2Nurse website pages, we do not guarantee that these pages will not contain any errors, incomplete or out-of-date information. Therefore, neither Nurse2Nurse or any of it's contributors are responsible for any loss, damage or expense that might be caused by any action, or lack of action, that a user of this service might take as a result of reading material on any of the Nurse2Nurse web pages. Responsibility for such actions, or lack of actions, remains with the reader concerned.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Our site provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. This site gives users the option for removing their information from our database and thereby not receive any future communications or to no longer receive our services. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by:
- E-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Nurse2Nurse telephone line – 00 353 1 6640614
Update your details:
To update or change any personal information previously provided, please email:
Contacting the Web Site Administrator:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Irish Nurses & Midwives Organisation,
North Brunswick Street
Tel: 00 353 1 6640614
Fax: 00 353 1 6610466